Friday 2 September 2011

Aubrey Nottinghams cutest busker-ette.

A Tale of odd timing.



Recently I just happened to be on a street, in a city I had once named desire, and heard the voice of an Angel, sweetly recounting my dreams.


I cannot remember the last time I had seen a young woman busking, though that is possibly more because of my lack of observation than anything else. But as I walked along that random street in one of Englands nicest cities, an unusual thing happened. This performer, was singing away, devotedly bringing happiness to the passers by, coaxing us with her wonderful voice. And in an instant, I realised that this was no ordinary moment. I had not accidentally come this way, but been brought here to hear this voice. So I did what came naturally, and sat to listen further, to the words of pleasant melody.


She sang of incredible passions, lives unfolding and loves blowing on the breeze. But it was her voice, the subtle rhythmical accent, and her provocative vocal command that brought silent tears to my eyes. I think that she noticed the affect that she was producing, as many people stopped to congratulate and drop a coin or two into her guitar case. I think that she knew, deep down inside that one day she would have the opportunity to provoke far more than a complimentary passing glance, and a few small coins. I could see the belief behind those clear bright eyes, and I could certainly hear the emotive determination in that wonderfully soothing voice. It was precious to see that confidence, and that great open smile. It had been a  profound joy to have spent a time, reminiscing, being entertained with her talent.


Now I am no Simon Cowell, no Pete Waterman and I have no documented recording or performance history with which to present this belief. All I have are my ears, and a heart and imagination being rewarded by the experience of listening to her performance. As a stranger, a regular man in the street I had heard magic.


I couldn't help but describe my thoughts, as I began to write a poem or two whilst sitting attentively listening. I could see that she noticed this, appreciating the applause too. My day had just got so much better, and sharing that few moments listening, writing and living the joy of the experience was what I had needed to smile for the rest of the day..


The poem, named 'Street Singer', can be read at my poetry blog. (Link attached)
andyspoint.blogspot.com


Now my wish is only that you the reader, know of this as yet undiscovered talent. Her voice is clearly the honey that covers our breakfast toast, and feeds our souls with tranquillity. I hope that she finds great success in everything she does. I know that she is trying to fund a project to get an album produced, a CD made to sponsor her singing, performing career, so if anyone out there can help with any information, contacts or other support, please do so. I will be more than happy to pass on your information to her.


And of course if you just happen to find yourself wandering the streets of Nottingham city centre and hear enchanting music and the voice of angels then you should sit a while and relax into the wonder of her magic.






                                                              And her name is Aubrey



                                                          http://youtu.be/1gGxaTUvbcc


                                        Another song that might give you a clue is here below.


                                                         http://youtu.be/mMhkD0NRLtU



Best of luck to you Aubrey. x

No comments:

Post a Comment